Over the next few weeks, I am going to take you through setting up your very own Facebook advertising campaign whilst also giving you Proven hints and tips to help you maximise your advertising campaigns.
Today I am going to talk to you about why Facebook is such an impressive advertising tool and help you get set up with a business manager account so you are ready to start building your advertising campaigns.
Facebook has become such a massive tool within the advertising industry and it's hard not to see why with users spending an average of 35 minutes per day on the platform and opening the site/app an average of 8 times every day. With 93% of social media advertisers using Facebook to advertise it may seem like a crowded area but with the endless targeting, demographic and placement options Facebook offers there’s plenty of opportunities to get your company in front of the right audiences! Below I’ve listed my top 5 reasons to advertise on Facebook.
TOP 5 reasons to advertise on Facebook.
- Facebook advertising is highly effective, with more than 2.2 billion monthly active users it has become a major part of peoples lives. Facebook has steadily increased the amount of advertising revenue used on the platform year after year.
- Setting up a Facebook campaign takes very little time and can yield excellent results for your business. Digital advertising provides great ROI and Facebook suits everyone from small businesses to large companies. Anyone can log on to Facebook and create a business manager account, set a payment method and publish a campaign in a matter of minutes.
- It’s a great way to reach your ideal audience and Facebook provides tons of detailed ways to reach specific people based on their behaviour on your website, their known likes, engagement with your Facebook page, and other various elements of their demographics such as age, gender, and location. You can create extremely granular audiences that produce a high ROI using Facebook ads.
- Facebook ad campaigns are highly customizable allowing you to construct the perfect ad experience using Facebook ads. This is due to the wide range of ad formats to choose from. This can be a compelling video ad that millennial dog owners can’t resist watching, or an immersive canvas ad for senior citizen dog owners that explain every detail and benefit of your dog food product, for example.
- Facebook is always adding new features every month that improves the user experience for both advertisers and customers. This is a large part of why Facebook has sustained growth for so long, it’s always providing more value.
Source: Proven Advert
How to set up your Facebook Advertising Account.
- Facebook Business Manager
Business Manager is a tool designed for managing your Facebook Pages and ad accounts.
By using Business Manager, you can:
- Manage access to your Facebook Pages and ad accounts – see what individuals have access to your Pages and ad accounts and remove or change their permissions.
- Work with agencies – you can also share your Business Manager account with agencies so that they can help you manage your ad campaigns.
You can have multiple ad accounts and users all combined under your Business Manager account.
Source: Proven Business Manager
In order to create a campaign, your business manager must manage at least one Facebook page.
To add a Facebook page to your business manager:
- Go to Business Manager Settings
- On the left, click on Accounts -> Pages
- In the Pages column, click on the “Add Page” CTA
- Select one of the 3 options: “Claim a Page”, “Request Access to a Page” or “Create a New Page”
- If you choose to request access or claim a Page, enter the Facebook page name or URL
To add an advertising account to your Business Manager:
- Go to Business Manager Settings
- On the left, click on Accounts -> Ad Accounts
- In the Ad Account column, click on the blue “Add Account” CTA.
- Choose one of the 3 options: “Claim Ad Account”, “Request Access to an Ad Account” or “Create a New Ad Account”
- If you choose to request access or claim an ad account, enter the ad account ID. (Learn where to find the account ID)
Before you can start advertising, you’ll need to give Facebook additional account information and enter your credit card data as a payment method for your ads. Without this you can’t publish your first campaign without setting up your payment method. This pays for the running of your ads. Once you set up your ad account, you won’t have to do this again until you need to change the payment method or create a new ad account.
Let’s navigate to our ad account settings and set this up!
Go to your Business Manager and from there, click on “Ad Accounts” located under “Accounts”. Fill in all the blanks by entering your company’s name, address, and other relevant information.
Your Facebook ad account is finally ready and waiting for you to set up those first campaigns! In the next article, I will take you through setting up your first campaign in the Ads Manager.